Mahendra Singh Dhoni is more than a cricketer as we all know. He possesses an ultimate cricketing brain that cannot be put it in words. In fact, we fans are still searching for the right adjectives and superlatives to describe this genius. He is the only captain to win 3 ICC Trophies and is someone who knows how to counter the pressure in a calm and composed manner. This is why he is still recognised as one of the finest cricketers in the game.
Even after resigning from captaincy, he is still working behind the scenes to help Virat Kohli in the deciding phase of the game. His experience will be a massive key to the upcoming 2019 ODI World Cup. As long as MSD is there, there is no tension in the dressing room. Well, he has done a lot for team India and we should appreciate him for his massive achievements!
ACHIEVEMENTS OF MS DHONI
1. MS Dhoni holds the record for most test wins. Under his reign, India played 60 test matches and won 27 out of them. In his leadership, India won 21 tests on home soil out of 27.
2. In 2009, Maahi brought test mace to India as the team achieved the number 1 ranking in test format.
3. Under his leadership, India won the inaugural World T20 Cup by defeating arch-enemy Pakistan.
4. India won the World Cup after 28 years and it all happened under the reign of one and only MS Dhoni.
5. India won the title of Champions Trophy in 2013 under his leadership.
6. In 2011, 2012 and 2013 under Dhoni’s captaincy, India was named as ICC team of the year.
7. MS Dhoni has the highest number of matches as a wicketkeeper. Mahi stood behind wickets in more than 90 matches.
8. MS Dhoni is the first Indian captain to put a toil of 10,000 runs in all forms of the game.